L-arginine is an amino acid. It is found naturally in meat, poultry, dairy products and nuts. It is also available in oral supplements.
It helps rid the body of ammonia and promotes the release of insulin. It laso aids in wound healing and release of hormones.
Some of the benefits and functions attributed to L-arginine include:
- Helps the body create nitric oxide (NO)
- Injuries (especially to bones) heal faster
- The body repairs damaged tissue quicker
- Helps decrease blood pressure in people with hypertension
- Provide support for the immune system
- Improves the cardiovascular system
- Makes skin healthier
Nitric oxide is important because it relaxes the blood vessels which increases blood flow.
Find out more here: http://aminoacidsbcaa.com/.